Scott R. Roman, DPM, FACFAS
1. Undergraduate: Kent State University, Kent, OH
2. Medical School: Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, Cleveland, OH
3. Residency: Emory Northlake Regional Medical Center, Tucker, GA
1. American Podiatric Medical Association
2. Georgia Podiatric Medical Association
3. Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
1. Henry Medical Center, Stockbridge, GA
2. Newton Medical Center, Covington, GA
3. Dekalb Medical Center, Decatur, GA
4. Piedmont Newnan Hospital, Newnan, GA
Dr. Roman moved to the Atlanta area from Ohio after earning undergraduate degrees in Accounting and Biology from Kent State University and a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree from Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine. Upon completing his residency in advanced reconstructive foot and ankle surgery at Emory-Northlake Medical Center, he joined Ankle & Foot Centers of America in 2006.
Dr. Roman continues his commitment to the ongoing education and advancement of foot and ankle surgery with his active involvement in the local residency training program. He also lectures across the country as a faculty member and past chairman of The Podiatry Institute, a non-profit education foundation recognized internationally for its leading role in the advancement of podiatric medicine and surgery. He has made his personal contribution to surgical advancements in podiatric medicine through medical research and design, currently holding sixteen patents in fixation and implantation devices.
Residing with his family in the McDonough area, Dr. Roman gives back to his community by volunteering and providing care for those in need through the Hands of Hope Clinic, Inc. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family and friends, golf, cooking, and travel.
“Attention to details. That is what I believe makes the patient’s visit to our practice both beneficial and rewarding. I encourage our staff to treat every patient as if they are the only one we see. Focusing on the small things really makes our care stand out.”