“My approach to healthcare is centered around the patient. During each visit, I prioritize the patient’s needs and aim to achieve the best possible outcome using current treatment methods. I believe in empowering patients through education and creating personalized, straightforward treatment plans. My ultimate goal is to provide care that I would want for my own family.”
Dr. Jamil Hossain, DPM
At the Ankle and Foot Center in Tennessee, Dr. Jamil Hossain is dedicated to providing high-quality care and support to patients with foot and ankle conditions. With years of specialized training and a commitment to improving the lives of his patients, Dr. Hossain is a well-respected and trusted podiatrist in the community.
Dr. Hossain is specially trained to diagnose and treat a wide range of foot and ankle conditions, including plantar fasciitis, bunions, hammertoes, tendinitis, and many others. He utilizes a combination of medical treatments and conservative therapies, such as orthotics and physical therapy, to provide patients with effective and long-lasting solutions to their conditions.
One of his specialized area of training is minimally invasive forefoot and rear foot surgery. He is trained to treat bunions, hammertoes, heel pain and many other pathology using this cutting edge surgical procedures. He also provides therapy modalities such as Laser treatment for soft tissue injury and other dermatological conditions. He is trained to treat both adults and children, ranging from simple to complex pathologies.
At the heart of Dr. Hossain’s approach to patient care is his commitment to providing a personalized and supportive experience. He takes the time to listen to each patient’s concerns and questions, and works closely with them to develop a treatment plan that is tailored to their individual needs and goals.
He is known for his friendly and approachable bedside manner, and his patients often appreciate his ability to put them at ease and help them feel comfortable during their appointments. Dr. Hossain is committed to providing the highest quality care to his patients and constantly strives to stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in his field. He is passionate about helping his patients live pain-free lives and is dedicated to providing the care and support they need to achieve their goals.
If you’re in need of foot or ankle care, look no further than Dr. Jamil Hossain at the Ankle & Foot Centers in Tennessee. To schedule your appointment with Dr. Hossain, please call the office or book online today. You can trust that you’ll receive the highest quality care and support from a skilled and compassionate podiatrist in Dickson, Tennessee.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Gainesville, Florida – 2008
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine from Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine – 2012
- Postgraduate Podiatric medicine and surgery/ Reconstructive rearfoot and ankle surgery at Hahnemmann University Hospital -Drexel University –
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Licensed Podiatrist Tennessee
- Foot and Rearfoot Qualified from American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Wound Care
- Foot & Ankle Surgery
- Ankle Arthroscopy
- Minimally invasive plantar fasciitis surgery
Hospital / Surgery Center Affiliations
- Tristar Southern Hills Hospital, Nashville, TN
- Tristar Centennial, Nashville, TN
- St Thomas West Hospital, Nashville, TN
- Tristar Stonecrest Hospital, Smyrna, TN
- Tristar Horizon Medical Center, Dickson, TN
- Physicians Pavillion Surgery Center, Smyrna, TN
Professional Affiliations / Memberships
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Member of the Tennessee Podiatric Medical Association
- Member of the American Podiatric Medical Association
Publications / Presentations / Special Courses & Seminars
- Mendez G. D.P.M., Shamsi B., Hossain J. “Delayed diagnoses and successful utilization of internal and external fixator in the management of acute charcot”. The foot and ankle online journal; Sept, 2012. ISN# 1941-6806
- Abstract: Off-loading the diabetic foot for ulcer prevention and healing; Compendium of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery 2011
- Abstract: The clinical effectiveness of negative pressure wound therapy: a systematic review; Compendium of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery 2011
- Effects of HDAC inhibitors on oxidative apoptosis of RPE cells; Kaushal S., Hossain J., Shashank U. Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, ARVO, Ft. Lauderdale: 2010
- Santiago A., Godsey A.C., Hossain J., Zhao L Y., Liao D. “Identification of two SUMOinteracting
motifs in Daxx. A Study of the role of protein Daxx in apoptosis pathway”. Cell
Cycle. 2009 Jan 1;8(1):76-87
- Heat shock mitigates sodium iodate mediated RPE cell death; Kaushal S., Hossain J., Shashank
U. Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, ARVO, Ft. Lauderdale: 2008