Adam Port, DPM
- United States Air Force Community College: Electronic Systems Technology, Human Resource Management
- University of South Carolina: Chemistry
- Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine: Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- Emory Healthcare Podiatry: PMSR/RRA Residency
Professional Honors/Leadership Positions
- Emory Healthcare Podiatry Residency: Resident of the Year 2019
- Emory Healthcare Podiatry Residency: Chief Resident 2019-2020
- Port, Adam; Brosky, Thomas; Shaheed, Naim; et. al. “Interpositional Arthroplasty with Acellular Dermal Matrix Allograft: Two Applications.” Podiatry Institute Update 2020.
- Brosky, Thomas; Port, Adam; et. al. “Weil Osteotomy with Plantar Plate Repair: Tips for Success.” Podiatry Institute Update 2020.
- Brosky, Thomas; Port, Adam. “Asymptomatic Hallucal Interphalangeal Degenerative Joint Disease in Neuropathic Patients After First Metatarsophalangeal Joint Arthrodesis: A Case Study.” Podiatry Institute Update 2019.
- Moon, Karen; Port, Adam; Cain, Thomas. 2018 “Does Closing the Subcutaneous Layer Result in Better Scars?” Poster. APMA 2018.
- Port, Adam. “Current Concepts in Abscess Treatment.” Podiatry Institute Update 2018.
- Compendium of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, 2016. Kendrick A. Whitney (Editor-in-chief). Brooklandville, MD; Data Trace Publishing Co., 2016.
- AAFAO Comprehensive Course of Internal Fixation for Reconstructive Surgery
- AAFAO Advanced Techniques in Skeletal Fixation of the Foot & Ankle
- Interpositional Arthroplasty with Acellular Dermal Matrix; Podiatry Institute Seminar; Hilton Head, SC, 2020
- Current Concepts of Abscess Treatment; Podiatry Institute Seminar; Atlanta, GA, 2018; Chicago, IL, 2018; Hilton Head, SC 2020
- HIPJ Arthritis after 1st MPJ Arthrodesis; Podiatry Institute Seminar; Hilton Head, SC, 2019 & 2020; Newport, RI, 2019; Portland, ME, 2019
Special Courses & Seminars
- Reconstructive Surgery of the Foot and Ankle Seminar, Atlanta, GA
- Current Treatment Options in Podiatric Medicine and Surgery Seminar, Hilton Head, SC
- Foot & Ankle Surgery Building Blocks for Success Seminar, Portland, ME
- Current Trends in the Management of Foot Seminar, Ankle & Leg Disorders
- Prophecy Total Ankle Replacement Cadaver Course, Atlanta, GA
- Orthofix External Fixation Cadaver Course, Atlanta, GA
- Stryker Intermedullary Rod Cadaver Course, Atlanta, GA
- Forefoot and Rearfoot Surgical Dissection Cadaver Courses, Atlanta, GA
Professional Affiliations / Membership
- The Podiatry Institute
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Georgia Podiatric Medical Association
- American Academy of Foot and Ankle Osteosynthesis
Hospital Affiliations / Surgery Center Affiliations
- Emory Decatur
- Northside Duluth
- Piedmont Atlanta
- Wellstar Lagrange
- Ankle and Foot Centers of America Surgery Centers
Dr. Port was born in Eastern Washington State and grew up in the mountains of Washington, Utah, and Colorado. After finishing high school, he joined the United States Air Force and served for 8 years, including two tours in Iraq. While in the Air Force, he met his wife, Stefanie, in Augusta, Georgia. He fell in love with her and the state of Georgia and decided to settle here. After finishing school, he completed his residency at Emory Healthcare in Atlanta. Dr. Port and his wife raise their three children in the suburbs of Atlanta. During his free time, you can find him enjoying the outdoors, whether it’s hiking, camping, fishing, or at one of his children’s sports games. Dr. Port is excited to have the opportunity to provide care to Northern Gwinnett County and looks forward to serving the people in his community.
Dr. Adam Port completed his college education and received his Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) from Kent State University in Independence, Ohio. He then completed a residency in Advanced Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery at Emory Healthcare in Decatur, GA where he served as chief resident. He is affiliated with Emory Decatur, Northside Duluth, Piedmont Atlanta, and Wellstar, Lagrange. Dr. Port enjoys being involved with resident training at Emory Decatur.
Dr. Port continues to conduct research and lectures on a variety of foot and ankle topics all over the country as a member of The Podiatry Institute, an internationally recognized teaching foundation dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for patients with foot, ankle, and leg disorders through innovative education, research, and service. He is also active with The American Academy of Foot and Ankle Osteosynthesis, an organization that educates residents and practicing physicians in the techniques and skills of skeletal fixation, trauma, and reconstructive surgery of the foot and ankle. Dr. Port also enjoys participating in mission trips to help patients in need all over the world. Most recently, he participated in the Small Steps Mission with Healing the Children in San Salvador, El Salvador in 2019. Dr. Port enjoys collaborating with fellow foot and ankle surgeons and is dedicated to providing his patients with the best up to date care possible.
“I have a passion for the complex anatomy of the foot and ankle and do everything in my power to keep my patients pain free and on their feet. In addition to loving medicine, I love the relationships I build with my patients as we work together to overcome their foot and ankle problems. I have been blessed to obtain excellent training and a diverse tool belt with which to treat all problems of the foot and ankle. I will take the time to answer your questions and give you the best up to date conservative and surgical treatment options to help you get back on your feet.” -Dr. Adam Port