John M. Thompson, DPM
- Undergraduate Degree: The College of Wooster, Bachelor of Science, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology – Wooster, OH
- Medical School: Kent State College of Podiatric Medicine, Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine, Independence, OH
- Residency: Podiatric Foot & Ankle Surgery, with credential in Reconstructive Rearfoot & Ankle, OhioHealth Grant Medical Center
- Served as Chief Resident
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Piedmont Atlanta Hospital
- Emory Decatur Hospital
- Windy Hill Surgery Center
Dr. Thompson has completed extensive surgical training focused on joint replacement surgery, hindfoot reconstruction and lower extremity trauma.
- Incisional Approach to Insertional Achilles Tendinopathy and Associated Complications: A systematic Review of Current Literature
- Transfibular Approach to Ankle Arthrodesis: Surgical Technique Guide and Tips
- Targeted Muscle Reinnervation of Saphenous nerve to Abductor Hallucis Motor Point: A Novel Technique
- Research Activity Among Foot and Ankle Surgery Fellows: A Systematic Review
Patient care best functions under a teamwork or partnership approach. Developing a relationship to gain complete understanding of an individual’s pathology and their expectations are critical to success. I aim to empower patients with knowledge and experience to create a treatment plan tailored to unique needs. The majority of foot and ankle pathology can be treated nonoperatively, conservative means. When surgical treatment is required, know I will utilize my extensive surgical training and expertise to produce the best possible result.
Born and raised in central Ohio, Dr. Thompson’s interest for surgery began during his years of undergraduate studies at The College of Wooster completing his B.S. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology while also shadowing various orthopedic physicians. He subsequently attended medical school at Kent State College of Podiatric Medicine and completed his residency at OhioHealth Grant Medical Center in Columbus, OH. Dr. Thompson then completed an orthopedic foot and ankle reconstructive fellowship at Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Center located in Columbus, OH.
Make an Appointment Today!
The mission of Dr. Thompson and Ankle & Foot Centers of America is to provide the highest level of podiatric care to every patient who enters their practice. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Thompson for any foot or ankle ailment, please call our Sandy Springs, Georgia office at 404-255-9131. Also, you can click HERE to make an appointment online now!